Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Johnston & Murphy Cardell Saddle shoes

So recently I decided to buy a new pair of shoes. The pair of loafers that I had bought at Ross several years ago finally wore out. I decided it was time that I made another serious investment in my shoes. I had owned a pair of black loafers from Johnston & Murphy before and was impressed with the durability. The shoe lasted me a very long time and I would still be wearing them today if the cobbler I took the shoe to get repaired at didn't botch the job up. I also recently bought a pair of black oxfords from Johnston & Murphy that I needed for a wedding and was really happy with them as well.

I decided I wanted to go with a darker brown color shoe and something that I could dress up with a suit but that I could also ware at work with jeans. I decided on getting a Brogue or maybe this is really considered a semi Brogue since the toe is left fairly plain. I also decided to go with the Oak brown instead of the other choices because they were more of a 2 tone look and I wanted to be able to ware this fairly dressed up.

The inserts for the shoe are fairly unique. I normally need a 10.5 Wide for my feet but because of the insert system for these shoes I ended up going down to a 9.5. The reason for this was that in order to get the width in the shoe you remove an insert. This gave me the width I needed but also had the side effect of causing the heal to get a little loose. Dropping down a full size seemed to be the cure for that and the shoe fits snug without any pinching.

I was also quite happy with the service at my local Johnston & Murphy store. The sales associate was quite knowledgeable on the shoes and very helpful in getting the proper fit. After only owning them for about 3 weeks now they have quickly become one of my favorite shoes to ware. At the $165 price point they also don't break the bank. With proper shoe care and maintenance I expect these shoes to have a really long life. I also will likely go back to Johnston & Murphy in the future to get another pair of shoes as I enjoy all 3 pairs I have owned from them so far.

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/cardell-saddle/7874.html?dwvar_7874_width=M&dwvar_7874_color=Oak%20Waterproof%20Full%20Grain#prefn1=collection&pmin=150&prefv1=XC4%C3%82%C2%AE&pmax=200&start=9

No comments:

Post a Comment